About Me

My photo
Anything Mary Can Do... A love for bakes, cakes and Mary Berry. The aim is to follow the Great British Bake Off and recreate the sweet and savoury treats. What could possibly go wrong? Armed with a kitchen aid, buckets of caster sugar and a brand new apron, we shall find out.

Monday, 4 October 2010

Full Time Father Returns....

FreddieB Status:

Day:17
Feeds: 3 since 1.30am
Nappies:  3 since 1.30am
Hrs Sleep: 4

Days of debauchery are still working well for me.  Another night of four hours sleep and I'm feeling positively motivated.  Before 9am this morning I'd done the bottles, fed both children and had a white wash, washed and blowing freely on the washing line.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for 'love of my life'.  Who at 3.30am after FreddieB had been continually crying, stirring, moaning and generally causing much fuss, decided to move downstairs to get away from the noise!  He'd only been in bed two hours after first born, Edie had demanded that her Dad squeeze into her standard sized cot with her.

Today, was a big day too.  Love of my life, (aka full-time father whilst on paternity leave) returned to work.  At first, and before the eight hours sleep in two days, I was ever-so-slightly jealous.  I've always loved my job as a PR and why wouldn't I?  During my early twenties I had a sporty little company convertible, a salary that allowed me to be frivolous and a job that involved talking about lip gloss, eyeshadow and anti-aging moisturiser all day. And in my early thirties I was in London, working for a 'celebrity hairdresser' in Central London, earning more money (still spending more than I earned) and travelling to some great places (and missing a few flights!).   So this whole maternity leave doesn't sit easy with me.  After a particularly bad few days with FreddieB last week, I actually uttered the words to 'love of my life' ..."I might go back to work early".  He smiled, looked at me and said "That's why you're in a mood isn't it?"  And, I think (for once) he was right.  That's when I started the blog.  Selfish as it sounds, I can't just be a Mum. Edie and Freddie's Mum.  I need something else....

No comments:

Post a Comment