About Me

My photo
Anything Mary Can Do... A love for bakes, cakes and Mary Berry. The aim is to follow the Great British Bake Off and recreate the sweet and savoury treats. What could possibly go wrong? Armed with a kitchen aid, buckets of caster sugar and a brand new apron, we shall find out.

Sunday, 3 October 2010

Party Before Parenting....

FREDDIE STATUS:


Day: 16
Weight: NWD
Feeds: 3 from 2.00am until 10.00am
Nappies:  4 from 2.00am


In my intro, I said that my days of debauchery set me in good stead for being a parent. Last night, I got to sleep at just gone 4am, thanks to an ever-feeding FreddieB. He woke again at 6am for more food.  Fell back to sleep 715am and woke again at 9.20am, so I've had approximately four hours sleep.


Three years ago, I would have taken that four hours sleep and reduced it to two, maybe even one. The late-night boozers of Belsize Park and Chalk Farm would have seduced me to haggle with myself over how much sleep I needed.  Often going in to work with no sleep at all, my computer screen, once at my desk was just a blur.  But, this was an office shared with two like-minded girls, so I was never feeling the pain alone. 


I remember once, a colleague calling the press office at 10.00am (we started at 9.00am) her first words 'FUCK!'  Don't let on it's me.  Give me a price for Moisture Seal Shampoo'  I replied, professionally with £4.99. OMG, she continued.  I've just woken up at The Dorchester.  What shall I do?'  I'd been with her until 4.00am - how the hell did I know what to do, I could barely speak without pain. 






She'd spent the night in a very expensive Dorchester Suite, which we'd (the company) had hired for the BAFTAs, paying for bottles of vodka she couldn't afford, drinking with some very A list stars and like any girl in her twenties, didn't want to miss this opportunity to mingle with one of the hottest A listers around....


I can't remember how we got her out of the situation, probably made up some 'journalist' appointment.  But that's how we rolled and very successfully!


So, this morning on my four hours sleep, I feel positively 'well'.  Both children are now sleeping peacefully (obviously!), 'love of my live' is jaded, mumbling that he's 'never been this tired' and I'm ready to do it all again, the baby nightshift, not the Dorchester/Belsize Park/Chalk Farm experience....







No comments:

Post a Comment