FreddieB Status:
Day: 22
Sleep: Me, 7 hrs / love of my life, 4 hrs
Feeds: 8
Nappies: 9
Things are not getting easier in the 'House of Love'. FreddieB is still not in any kind of routine - he feeds when he wants, there's no set time or set amount to how much he will drink. He's still breaking all the rules. He won't sleep in his moses basket, when he does sleep (mostly during the day) he grunts so no one else can sleep and every evening at 8pm he turns into 'Damien'. Plus Edie wakes up at 10pm every night crying and then again at 130am, so she ends up in bed with whoever is not looking after FreddieB. YES, I know earth mothers, it's a mistake, but I'm not going to leave a one year old crying, stressing herself, waking everybody up when she can slip in to bed with her Mum or Dad and everyone can sleep.
So, possibly my coolest friend called from London to say her sister had two children under one (imagine that?!?!) and my blog always sounded like I was having a lovely time...Hmmm. I work in PR, it's my job to make things sound good, but this two children lark is actually hard work. Okay, love of my life can now sleep with both eyes closed - the urge to kill him has subsided and I've managed to get showered and dressed every morning and at least put mascara on. So, maybe things are getting better...?
Week Two was seriously hard. I would have quite happily left love of my life and faced life as a single parent. And, I don't really know why. He's was 'doing his share', but everything he did wasn't good enough and I was boring myself with the sound of my own voice, moaning at him.
In the three weeks that FreddieB has been born, love of my life and I have slept together twice, I think, in the same bed. I miss him. We have a weekend away planned in December, no children and the ways things are going, that will probably be the third time we share the same bed. Contraception will be taken (not necessarily used, we're sooo over that phase!!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment