Day: 20
Sleep: 9hrs (Whoo-Hoo, I went to bed at 9pm and 'love of my life' did the night shift)
Feeds: ??
Nappies: ??
So, yesterday after 15 days away from my once, first love - The Office, I returned. Slightly nervous I guess, and maybe a little too 'dolled up'. Although the baby blubber is still lingering (and some shop assistant even said 'Oh, not long now...' even though I had the pram in front of me with a two week old Freddie sleeping peacefully), I felt a I should make the extra effort to prove to my colleagues (and myself) that I was coping, despite having two children under the age of two.
Usually such effort would only be put in to my appearance if I had a) not been to bed and b) was so hungover I still had the makeup on from the night before. I remember once drinking with the 'like minded' colleague from the office in a gorgeous, memorable drinking den called Crazy Bear, just off Tottenham Court Road. For anyone who has ever been to the Crazy Bear, they will understand why I left with a diamond-shaped door knob in my bag after visiting the toilets!
After way too many wines and some god awful shot that sent us all way over the edge, we decided that we should head across town to the ELLE Style Awards. Like minded colleague thought she could blag us in (that whole invincible, drunk thing was going on). By this time, we'd also managed to meet up with another friend who had been walking his dog on Primrose Hill and came to meet us in Crazy Bear wearing a muddy track-suit top and dog-walking jeans. So the three of us hopped in cab...I can't really remember the details, apart from A) we all managed to get in, B) lots of champagne and us three being the only three dancing and C) dog-walking friend snogging a high profile celebrity DJ.
Like minded colleague and I left, with me telling the cab driver that I'd seen the warnings about the unlicensed taxi drivers and questioning him if his intention was to rape us...!?
I remember waking up twice in the night to a ringing mobile, dog-walking friend was calling me, well Will Young and Duncan James was calling me from his mobile. Yes, that's right. Dog walker had stayed, somehow managed to talk to them and get them to call me?!?!?! I think I actually put the phone down on Duncan, Will I gave more time because I've always had a soft spot for him.
The next morning, I woke. Like minded lay perfectly still next to me, dressed in yesterday's work clothes and full face of make up. I don't think she even brushed her hair before we both jumped in a cab to work, windows open.
So, the feeling of returning to work, felt a little like that - minus the hangover and the realisation that I'd put the phone down on Duncan James.
My day flew-by and I actually felt completely relaxed when I returned home. Even though the bed wasn't made and there may have been a few pots in the sink. Love of my life even commented on my mood being a good one. I therefore think it's only fair to plan another day in the office, maybe next week...?


No comments:
Post a Comment